Reactive Evolution (also called Reactive Adaptation) is the biological ability for a DNA Alternate's physiology to exist in a constant state of near-viral mutation, allowing them to adapt to nearly anything. Damage to the Alternate's skin will be repaired at an accelerated rate, while the skin becomes tougher. Broken bones would mend more quickly, and regrow more durable. Drowning would lead to the development of soda lime exostructures embedded in the alveoli of the lungs, allowing the Alternate to hold their breath for an extended time.
This adaptation also goes beyond a superficial skin adaptation and effects the entire body, permitting the Alternate to evolve to fend off toxins and harsh climates. The amount of time the adaptation lasts for the Alternate varies.
NOTE: This power is currently Restricted in the Role Play.
The complete list of reactive specializations can be found below:
- Adoptive Muscle Memory is the specialization some reactives use to replicate any physical action after seeing it performed once.
- Autotrophgenesis is the ability of a reactive to develop a cellular infrastructure of autotroph cells, allowing them to generate their own biological energy, rendering eating, drinking, and sleeping obsolete.
- Lung Adaptation is the specialization some reactives use to improve their respiratory system to process any gas or liquid for oxygen.
- Martial Supremacy is the ability of a reactive to enhance their combat instincts, making them unbeatable in fight or flight situations.
- Spontaneous Regeneration is the specialization some reactives use to revert normal specialized cells to stem cells in the event of physical damage, regenerating damaged organs and lost limbs.
- Superhuman Accuracy is the ability of a reactive to increase their hand-eye coordination, allowing them otherwise impossible aiming skills.
- Superhuman Adrenaline is the specialization some reactives use to voluntarily control their adrenal system, and enhance their adrenal responses, granting them heightened strength and speed.
- Superhuman Endurance is the ability of a reactive to develop a web of osteoderms in their skin, creating a flexible but durable shell that is invisible to the naked eye.
- Superhuman Reflexes is the specialization some reactives use to increase the speed of nerve clusters firing, allowing them to react at speeds otherwise impossible.
- Superhuman Senses is the ability of a reactive to improve Thalamus efficiency and compartmentalize sensory nerves, allowing them to parse out very specific details with their senses.
- Superhuman Speed is the specialization some reactives use to enlarge their suprachiasmatic nuclei, increasing their circadian rythm exponentially, and allowing them to operate at a higher speed.
- Superhuman Strength is the ability of a reactive to reduce the production of functional myostatin, allowing muscles to grow more densely and strongly.
- Superhuman Thermoregulation is the specialization some reactives use to control their autonomic nervous system and immune response, allowing them to control their body temperature.